Sunday, June 1, 2008

Playing catch up

Good Morning,
It is 10:20 a.m. here in Guangzhou and it looks like no rain today.
We have to wait in the room this morning while our Guides are at the American Consulate, just in case there are any questions they can get in touch with us.
Once we get the "OK" and we can leave our rooms, we are hitting the shops!

Abigail is adjusting nicely. She is a happy baby and LOVES to eat! She can chew anything with no teeth! You can tell these babies had food as well as bottles.
She can say "Da Da", "Ba Ba" and now can blow raspberries! A very quick learner.
She sleeps all night. Sometimes will cry and all I have to do is turn her to her other side (she can't turn over yet)and she settles back in for a bit more sleep!

We have just 2 more days here and then we head home. This trip went by much more quickly than last time. I think it may be because this time I had to travel to another province before coming to Guangzhou.
With Loren's adoption we flew to Beijing for 2 days and then headed straight to Guangzhou for the remainder of the trip.

I am going to try to post a few pictures of each day to try and catch up.
Not being able to post was driving me CRAZY! Talk about leaving everyone hanging!
Auntie Mitch's adapter blew while in Beijing and we had to wait until Guangzhou to find a store that carried the adapter.
Carrie (from our travel group) graciously offered the use of her computer if we could not get ours working so I felt a little better knowing that someone was willing to help and that I would be able to post Abigail's picture to family and friends.
Thank You so much Carrie for the offer. It will not be forgotten.

OK!! Now here are some pictures!!



Abigail was very frightened when we entered the hotel room on Forever Day. She looked all around the room and started crying and nothing seemed to help alleviate her fears except an Oreo!
When all else fails.....Oreo's!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!
I WAS SO SAD I DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE. I AM GLAD YOU GAVE ME YOUR BLOG ADDRESS I HAVE BEEN CHECKING IN ON YOUR PICTURES. SHE IS PRICELESS WITH THE OREO ALL OVER HER FACE. I HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. TAKE CARE OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL CARES AND YOURSELF AND ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!

LOVE
LAURIE

Sonia said...

cute, cute, cute!!! TG for cookies. I can't believe that you'll be heading home in a few days. Awesome news.

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!! You look sooooo happy!
She is absolutely gorgeous. Loren looks a little overwhelmed...she'll be great.
Can't wait for you all to get home.
Looks like we just might have to move those car seat straps up a bit...lol!! See you all soon
Love and prayers to you all

Lisa, Anthony & Isaiah

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I just adore that last photo... to cute... glad all is going well... take care

Super Mommy said...

Oh my goodness - a girl after my own heart - I LOVE Oreos too! Those pics are adorable.

Karen said...

Hi Gail!

Abigail is so precious! I'm glad that you and Loren have had a good trip...I've checked your blog every single day for updates! I can't wait to hear more about your trip and see all those pictures. Be careful coming home! I love the Oreo pictures!

Karen
LID 2/17/06
Waiting for Kaelie

Julie said...

Oh Gail - she is toooooo cute. I am just thrilled that things are going well. I worried when I didn't see any posts.

Loren will be a wonderful big sis once she begins to get into the swing of things. And Abby is too precious! That face with oreo on it! LOL!

We are anxiously waiting to hear if we get our referral this month. Hopefully, I'll be able to post something soon either way.

MORE PICTURES, PLEASE!!!!!!!

pinky said...

YEt another reason to stock Oreos on the night shift....Great to see your pictures gail.