Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back Home and the 3 A.M. Get Together

Happy to say we are home safe and sound!
I am still getting over jet lag but that happend last time too. It took me about 2 weeks to finally feel "normal".
I have a nasty URI and am on antibiotics so I am sure that isn't helping.

Abigail is finally sleeping through some nights. The first few nights were tough. Abigail would wake at 3 a.m. and want to stay up. I would change her ,feed her and rock her to sleep but as soon as I put her down her eyes would pop open and she would start to cry. Once I picked her up she would stop crying immediately, which led me to believe that she just wanted to stay up!
Not Good.

Just when I was feeling very hopeless Abigail slept all night!! For 2 whole nights! I was so excited!!
And then...last night...Up at 3 AM again! But this time I didn't talk to her. I changed her, fed her and rocked her but didn't talk to her.
When I was rocking her I closed my eyes and she gave a "grunt" and touched my eyes as if to say "where are you?" I must admit I had to smile but I didn't talk to her and she fell asleep and slept until 8:30 this morning.
Now with Loren...when Abigail cries Loren will wake up and will not go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

That is why I call it the 3AM Get Together.

Couldn't they pick a better time to get together??
How I miss my sleep.

7 comments:

pinky said...

Gail I am so sorry she is not sleeping. That is tough on your body. I hope things get better real soon.

kitchu said...

So glad you guys are home safely and hope she gets adjusted soon so you ALL get some good sleep! A good friend who went through the same thing cut out the feedings at night (switched to water) and in a couple days she never woke at 2AM again. Might want to give it a try?

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you're home safe and sound. I can relate about the 3 a.m. party. Maybe you should change the clock in their rooms and "fool" them.

Hopefully they'll get themselves sorted out.

Gald to hear you're all doing well.

Love Lisa

Don and Be said...

So .... this is what we're in for .... actually, I[ve had insomnia quite a bit lately .... perhaps Joanna Mei will keep me company in the wee hours.
Your family looks wonderful in the pics. Congrats!
Love,
Don & Be

Sonia said...

Just getting back from a week at the beach and had to check to see if you guys made it home. 3am?? Oh boy! I think your nights of sleeping through are over for awhile (yikes!) So glad you guys are home safe and sound though(: Will try to email you tomorrow to catch up.

(hugs to all of you)
~S.

Kristin said...

3AM? I think all of the Jiangxi girls synchronized their internal clocks before we left China. Zoe did the 3 am wake up for the first 3 or 4 days we were home.

Mercifully she is now sleeping through the night. Hang in there!!
Kristin

Louise in SC said...

Gail,

Your daughter is stunningly beautiful! I'm glad you're home and enjoying your daughter!

Louise
aka
Briellesmom