Monday, April 21, 2008

Some Stuff

This part of the wait is very long. Everytime I look at "Miss Abby's" picture I just want her home! I constantly wonder what she is doing and hope she is happy.
The question has gone from "Did you get your referral yet?" "Have you heard anything?" to "Do you know when you are leaving?"

I have been doing some shopping. Clothes, crib bedding, baby toys, some summer clothes for Big Sister Loren and of course, a few new movies for the portable DVD player, music for CD player, games for her NINTENDO DS.
Loren hates to color. Doesn't mind arts and crafts too much but cannot be bothered with coloring and since we cannot bring scissors or glue on the plane we'll stick to electronics. Anything to keep her occupied during the long flight.
My friend AnnMarie traveled with her daughter in March and her daughter slept 7 1/2 hours on the flight!! Oh Joy!! I can only hope.

My friend Amy gave me some adorable baby clothes that she had bought for her daughter Maggie during this long wait. Amy was in my LID group but switched to the Waiting Child list and got her referral of a 21 month old BEAUTIFUL little girl in June 07 and traveled in Sept. 07. To Jiangxi no less!!
She is always happy to talk to anyone who has questions regarding the Waiting Child Program. So anyone with questions please ask away!
I had to give Maggie a picture of Abigail because she was carrying around a paper copy of her picture! Amy says Maggie is always looking at Abigail and carrys her picture around everywhere! Maggie is so darn cute and what a smile! Just perfect.

Loren's hair (bang area) has grown out enough (from her "do it yourself haircut") where I can easily put it all back in a ponytail. Which will be great in hot hot hot and humid Jiangxi...and I am sure, Guangzhou.



How do you spell S T R E S S ??

I sent Abigail's care package out last week. The "post office person" would not let me declare $0 on the form. She said that they (China) would not accept it. So I had to list what was in the box and give a $$ value. Now I am not sure if Abigail will get it.

Where are the Visas?? It will be 2 weeks since I sent them out.
I am starting to get a little nervous not hearing anything.
It just seems like everything is moving in S L O W. . . .M O T I O N

7 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hang in there... when you least expect it you will get your Travel Dates

Carrie said...

I'm getting a little antsy about the visa's right now too. We sent ours two weeks ago today and the consulate website said it should only take 4 business days to process. We know that our check was cashed two days after we mailed it. Guess we just have to be patient (story of our lives, huh?)

Lisa said...

You can do it Gail! Just keep busy with shopping!! No actuallty don't do too much shopping. Save your shopping for China!!

I know this part seems to drag on but you'll soon be sitting on that plane with sweet Loren.

Hugs to you both.

Lisa and Tate said...

I don't know what would be worst waiting for a referral or seeing you gal's face and then waiting for travel. I am in the first group of waiting for referral, but think I will have a harder time waiting until travel....

Hang in there.

Lisa

Two Pearls said...

EJ had a tough time for the last few hours of the flight. We had been up since about 3 AM to catch a 6AM shuttle to DC. Then we had a 5 hr layover in DC, where she napped for about an hour. She did good for the first 9 hours of the flight (reading, drawing, writing in a journal, watching videos on the iPod), but then was completely exhausted and couldn't get comfy enough to sleep. At about hour 10 or 11, she was in tears, telling me to tell the pilot to turn the plane around!!! I was trying to explain that it was closer to go to China at this point, but she didn't really seem to care. It was her 8th birthday, and a nice flight steward came by with some wings for her. That helped for about 10 minutes. Finally, she fell asleep about an hour before landing! And K was miserable with a cold on the other side of me. It was torture!!! Luckily, the flight home went much more smoothly...and even little Sophie slept for about 9 of the 13 hours! If there are other kids on the trip, having her get up to go chat with them will definitely help! I'm sure she'll be fine! Does she like to read?

Wendy said...

In many ways, the is the hardest part of the wait. Hang in...it will all come together. You will be holding her before you know it and all this anxiety will fade! Enjoy this time the best you can. Get sleep (trust me, sleep is a good thing and I haven't had much for a whole year since Emma arrived), read books, have fun with Loren. It's actually a good time to cherish your family of two. I remember the special time when I had just one daughter. Now I have 3 daughters and 2 sons and I wouldn't change a thing, but looking back, the time I had with my first, before the others arrived on the scene, was lovely (and sane, and organized, and mellow).

Wendy

Alyson and Ford said...

You are keeping busy! Sounds stressful. Let us know if your care package arrives.

Alyson LID 01/27/06