Loren did great and slept a good 6 hrs. straight.
Once we got to the hotel we exchanged some money, Auntie Mitch got internet access all settled and we went straight to the room and crashed....well I did anyway.
I woke up in the a.m. to a lot of hustle and bustle in the room. Auntie Mitch and Loren were wide awake at 5 a.m. ready to start the day...me on the other hand slept another hour.
We had breakfast at the hotel and and off to the Jade Factory and the Great Wall.
Here are a few pictures of yesterday and today.
Getting our luggage
Looking at the lights on the ceiling of the new airport in Beijing. Loren thought it looked like stars in the sky and the water fountain below.
Loren and I in the hotel lobby before leaving for the Great Wall
Loren and I on the Great Wall!
Some friends we met along the way.
Not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow but I will try to post on Sunday.
Thanks everyone for your comments and well wishes.
Forever Day will be Monday!
25 comments:
I can't believe you are actually there! I hope you all have the time of your life. Such a big trip...Loren's trip to her homeland and to her little sister. Enjoy every moment. Can't wait to see Abigail in your arms. Do you meet her Sunday or Monday?
Wendy
I am soooooo excited!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures. I look forward to hearing from you. We are all thinking about you back here at home.
Hey Gail! You both looks so happy! Loren looks great. I'll keep checking back to see how you are doing. Monday will be here quicker than a wink! Can't wait for you to get back.See you then. All our love and prayers.
The Carbones
Hi Gail, it's us..Anthony, Isaiah and me. You both look soooo happy. Loren looks great! Enjoy and I'll keep checking back to see how you are doing. Monday will be here so fast! Can't wait for you to get home. All our love and prayers.
The Carbones
I cannot wait to climb the Great Wall... a life long dream for me... have many adventures... take care
Hopefully you all are sleeping soundly right now after a busy day. Hope you enjoyed the Great "Mall" and found the sponge paint artist to get a scroll for Abigail. Can't wait for your next update. All of our Love to you, Mitch and Loren.
Love Karyn, Tori and Libby
Before I read this your mom was in the salon so she filled me in and said Loren is doing great. She said Loren said she was on a feild trip. I thought that was so cute. Take care and good luck on Monday.
YAAAAAAAA!!!! You made it!! Wow you guys look like you're having so much fun. Loren you look great on the Great Wall. It looks a lot warmer then when we were there.
We liked the lights in the new airport too.
(((hugs)))
Lisa
It won't be long now! Congratulations!!
I'm soooo excited for you and Loren. Can't wait to see pictures of you with both your girls!!
Lisa J. (from work)
You girls look fabulous after such a LONG flight! Blessings 2 U.
!! Just so excited for you and glad you got there safely!
Hi GAil. It is me Lisa ENwright. I wanted to know if you did your aspects of caring project unified care of the deceased patient.....ALso you forgot to pick up your call. And did you remember a birth on 8/05/98 that you were involved in? Did you sign the vitamin K order on that? And enjoy your time off. I will call you later.
Gail, your there!!! I have been thinking of you, enjoy, it won't be long until Abigal is in your arms!! Hugs Amy
Gail, I'm thinking of you today (Monday!!!!!!)
I'm just on pins and needles thinking you're THERE and meeting your daughter!
Love,
Rebecca
Gail,
Do you have Abigail....we can't wait to hear the news!
Wendy
You are there Gail! This is so exciting and so great to follow your journey in China. Can't wait to see you with your baby girl soon. :)
Gail in WI
Hi Mattie and I love the pictures of you guys at the great wall. I told Mattie I was there before I picked him up. It looks nice and sunny there I climbed the wall in the rain. Can,t wait to see pictures when you pick up your cute little baby. Beth and Mattie (Anne's cousin)
Forever Day... It has such a nice ring to it! Enjoy!!!
peace
fm
OKAY...where are the photos?!?!?! I happened to catch a glimpse of you and Abigail (and Loren in the background) on Steve and Jen's blog. Just waiting to see a better shot!!
How wonderful! I love seeing you and Loren having a good time. I hope she is really taking in everything in China - it is a wonderful trip for her. It won't be long now and she can be a JieJie! YAY!
You must be having a difficult time getting on the internet right now. We're dying to see pics of Abigail!!!
Trish
I keep checking to see some updates or even photos. Hope everything is going well.
Wendy
Gail we are dying here! It is Thursday and we have not hear anything.....We are jonesing for pictures.
YIPEE ~ you guys made it safe and sound. Checking all the time for updates ~ where is that sweet Abigail(:
xoxo and lots of hugs,
Post a Comment