Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

Thought I would post a few pics of the girls on Halloween.
We visited neighbors from my parent's neigborhood and visited a few relatives and friends. Loren showed Abby what its all about and it didn't take Abby long to figure it out!
She would say "Trick or Treat" loud and clear and then take a peek in her bucket to see what she got. A few times she just wanted to have a seat on the ground and start eating her treats! I had to convince her that she could have some later.

Life has been very difficult watching my niece fighting her battle with osteosarcoma.
Her surgery (leg salvage) is scheduled for Nov. 11th. Then some recovery time and approx. 12 more chemo cycles before its done. It will take her into spring.
Please continue praying for total and complete healing.
I am holding onto this. Please join me.
Thank You.
Gail



14 comments:

Debbie said...

Great pictures...good to see you are back to blogging again. Abby has really grown! I will continue to hold your niece in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Gail,

So glad to see a post from you....I have thought of you and your niece. Life just doesn't seem fair at times, that is for sure.

Your girls look so adorable! I can't believe how much they have grown! Cute costumes!!!

Many hugs and prayers,

Dawn

Julie said...

Gail - the girls look adorable! Two of the cutest witches I've ever seen.

Glad to see them growing up.

Jan said...

Two of the cutest witches ever!! Looks like they had lots of fun!!

Gail, all our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Praying for a healthy recovery and best wishes for a successful surgery on Nov. 11th.
Jan, John & Jillian Rose

Lisa said...

Hey girlfriend! I've been thinking of you and girls a lot often. Keeping you and your family in prayer and asking also for total healing.

Those are the cutest little witches around. I can't believe how big Abby is getting. How's Loren doing with being a big sister? I'll bet she's awesome.

Anyway glad to see you're still kicking. Love to you all.

Lisaxo

Wendy said...

The girls look adorable...and so big!

Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Don and Be said...

Hi Gail,
Your girls are the cutest and growing like weeds. We are doing fine down here in Central Florida. The relentless heat finally broke and we are having more seasonable temps. We're actually leaving the house and going out on walks. During the summer, all our outdoor time was spent in any pool we could crash.
Hoping that you are back on track again after your surgery and I promise I'll lift up a prayer for your niece. Now's a good time ....
Dear God, I lift up Gail's niece to you and ask you to touch her with Your love and give her courage as she faces the chemo ahead. May she have minimal pain. Direct the doctors that they may proceed in accordance with your will for this precious life. We put this situation in Your hands and trust in You in all things. Amen.

Beth said...

The girls look adorable!!! I will keep your niece in my prayers!!!!

Super Mommy said...

Glad to see you post Gail...I've been wondering about you and the girls. I am very sorry your family (especially your niece) is going through this. Praying girl!

I love the witch costumes - the girls have grown A LOT! I'm sure Loren's a wonderful big sis who likes to teach her lil sis much!
Hugs...

Sonia said...

Hey Gail ~~ I think of you so often and keep praying for you, your family and esp your niece. Glad you back in bloggy land - we have missed you. Your girls look so adorable -- they are just as beautiful as ever and getting so tall! Stay well, my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Gail,

Hoping you and your family had a blessed beautiful holiday season.

Thinking of you,

Dawn

TJ said...

Gail - it was great seeing you, Loren and little Abby at the Chinese New Year party and I'm glad to have found your blog again. It is beautiful! Mine pales in comparison, but please peek in when you can. Praying for healing and a complete recovery for your niece! -Theresa

Alyson and Ford said...

Hoping for updates; hope you are doing well.
(maybe you are on FB, and I haven't made the connection)

Alyzabeth's Mommy

TJ said...

Gail - not sure if you ever check this anymore, but missed you and your girls at Chinese New Year today (at Christina's). Hope you are all well!