Thursday, March 26, 2009

You have.....

Uterine cancer.

I felt my hands hold tight to the handles of Abby's stroller. I just stared at the doctor.
My girls. Oh Dear God, my girls.

I heard some of what she was saying. "I made an appt. for you with the GYN oncololgist (Oncologist!!) tomorrow morning."
"You will need surgery"

So to make a long and worrisome story short, that is what I have been doing.
CAT scans, MRI's and surgery.

The good news...The cancer was small and "well defined".
No further treatment needed.
I will be followed closely for the next 5 years.
The Oncololgist said..."Cure 99%"

When I heard those words, those wonderful words all I could do was close my eyes and thank God for hearing all the prayers from so many wonderful people.

Thank You so very much for all your Prayers, Well Wishes and Gifts.
It has been one very scary and emotional time. I could not have gotten through this without all of you.

Thank You, Thank You , Thank You.

Thank You God for Answering Prayers.



Signs and Symptoms

Endometrial cancers develop in the uterus, though most develop in the endometrial glands that line the inner wall of the uterine cavity rather than in the uterus' muscular wall.
Although endometrial cancer usually occurs after menopause, it also may occur around the time that menopause begins.

Abnormal vaginal bleeding is the most common symptom of uterine cancer. Bleeding may start as a watery, blood-streaked flow that gradually contains more blood. Women should not assume that abnormal vaginal bleeding is part of menopause.

You should see your doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:

* Unusual vaginal bleeding or discharge
* Difficult or painful urination
* Pain during intercourse
* Pain in the pelvic area

A Peach Ribbon is used to designate Uterine Cancer Awareness

16 comments:

Rhonda said...

Thank goodness it was caught early! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well...

T said...

Gail - My heart nearly stopped when I read the beginning of your post. I'm so glad they caught it early and were able to treat it.

Tammy

Evelyn said...

My thought and prayers are with your during this scary time. I'm so glad to hear that it was caught early and is treatable and curable.
(((hugs)))

Don and Be said...

Gail,
My hat is off to you for keeping up with your check-ups. You are a smart cookie. So is my wife. She has been almost 5.5 years (breast) cancer free. She always keeps on top of things, including her health. You are aware that she lost her sister recently - because she refused to see a doctor (even though she was covered by insurance).
So, 'You go, girl!' We are saddened to know that you have to go through surgery and all that goes with it, but dadgummitt, you done good. Stiff upper lip - the outlook is great.
blessings,
HomeDaddy

Super Mommy said...

Gail - God is not through with you yet girl! You have two beautiful girls to rear and He knows that.

I am continuing to pray for you my friend. I hope one day our paths will meet. . . Nancy

Terri and Rich said...

I don't personally know you but feel as if I do from reading your blog. I am so happy they caught it early! You are a survivor!

Terri

Pug Mama said...

Dear Lord. I had no idea.
Thank God you caught it early, and seem to be alright now.
You and your family are in my thoughts!

Beth said...

Hi Gail. Wow I was kind of wondering my you took a break from your blog but had no idea it was that. I am so glad you caught it early and they were able to get it with surgery. It was great meetin you in person at CAWLI's new year party and hopefully we can get together some tme maybe over Anne's. I am still waITING FOR MY RUSSIAN refferal I will keep you posted. Take it slow and hugs and kisses to the girls. Beth and Mattie

Kristin said...

Gail-

We are so thankful that you are going to be OK. You and your beautiful girls are in our thoughts.

Kristin

Sonia said...

NO! My heart stopped beating for a minute. I did not know ~ So glad that everthing went well. You and your girls are in our prayers and good thoughts. I still cannot believe this. How scared you must have been.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gail,

I wondered why you took a break from blogging. I am thinking of you and saying a prayer. Thank goodness it was caught early and it was able to be treated.

Many hugs,

Dawn

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh my... thank goodness all went well... hugs to you...

Carrie said...

I'm so glad to hear that you caught it early and everything looks good!!! You made my heart skip a beat there for a second.

Elizabeth said...

Gail,You and your beautiful girls are in our thoughts and prayers.so glad to hear that you are doing ok.


Elizabeth

Julie said...

Oh, Gail! I'm so glad it was caught early!!!!

God wants you to be there for your daughters...I am so grateful that this was caught in time.

God bless you and keep you safe always!

Lori said...

Oh My Gosh ! Sending huge hugs to you and your girls.

Lori H