
Here I go again.
The wait has gotten sooooo very long and it doesn't look like it is going to speed up anytime soon.
I am starting to have second thoughts about proceeding with this adoption.
I started this process in June 04. Sent my application in and was put on the "singles waiting list" due to the "quota" China had on singles adopting.
I FINALLY got the call that I could proceed with the paperwork in July 05 so already it was a 13 month wait. At that time the wait was 6-8 months. So I figured I would probably be traveling the end of 06 sometime.
WRONG!!
Here I am in Oct. 07 and I am not even close to getting a referral yet.
My daughter was 3y. 9 months old when I started this process. She is now 6y.o.
I am older than I was in 04 (of course) and getting older by the month.
So what do I do??? What do I do??
Which direction should I go?
I wish the answer was right in front of me.
I just don't know anymore.
2 comments:
ppHi Gail,
.....and thank you for stopping by our blog. You are aware of our unique adoption situation as far as our ages go & the recent information on adoption of a boy with the deformed hand - and we have been on the same roller coaster as yourself. We will pray alongside you that the way before you would be perfectly clear. That God would 'put a hedge at your sides and back' so there's only one way.
Blessings,
Don & Be
Hang in there. I know it seems like forever, but LID-speaking, you're so close! At the current rate (and let's hope it speeds up), you could have a match in about 6-7 months and travel in about 9 months, right? That would be before the Olympic craziness. And from experience, I can say that with more than 7 years between my girls, the older one is a big help!!! :)
Post a Comment